The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase Data ecosystem and moving products from R&D into production scale. A successful Senior Data Engineer will possess a natural curiosity about data, strong work ethic, and clear technical leadership ability. Understanding of the ad ecosystem and the large scale data problems that come with it are going to be the root of your every day work.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across many functional groups as well as interaction with executive stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing...
- Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Data Products
- Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Ensure all new and modified code and pipelines are tested and of the highest quality at delivery time
- Build out new pipelines as part of an ever-evolving set of requirements for the core data asset as our business needs grow
- Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
What we’re looking for...
- BS or Masters in Computer Science and 3+ years of working experience
- Worked in a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 4 years
- Proven experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Proven experience processing and aggregating over billions to trillions of rows
- Strong software design and development experience, preferably in Scala or Java or other compiled languages
- Strong experience with Apache Parquet, Avro, or similar technologies
- Understanding of cookies, mobile web traffic, and user behavior is a strong plus
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) is a strong plus
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Ability to define standards and best practices for teams
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!