What do industry leaders like Adobe, American Express, Box, Salesforce.com and SAP have in common? They all use Demandbase solutions to power their business-to-business (B2B) marketing!
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of pre-IPO growth and building a team that will take us to the next level. If you thrive on innovation and working with the best in the industry, you’re probably a good fit for us.
The Principal AdTech Engineer will own all aspects of AdTech engineering including technical design, architecture, implementation, quality assurance, deployment, and operations of our AdTech products. You will be responsible for scaling our AdTech capabilities, including building requirements and architecture, design and development. You will also establish the ins and outs of building a highly available, scalable, distributed, and robust system that uses all the modern cloud computing paradigms, techniques and tools.
This role reports to Abderrezak Kamel (“AK”) who is an experienced advertising technology executive responsible for building Demandbase’s unique audience targeting technology and Demand-Side Platform (DSP). AK brings more than two decades of experience in Online Advertising, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing. AK built Technorati Media’s meta SSP and optimization technology and developed one of the first DSP and contextual analysis offerings in the industry. The person in this role will be mentored and guided by AK and will bring to the table new ideas and experience to round out our AdTech team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Core responsibilities will be to drive advertising campaign performance and optimization
- Be the AdTech domain expert for other data scientists and product managers
- Build a system to automatically detect campaign anomalies due to intrinsic reasons like ML models or extrinsic reasons like human error
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with RTB and DSPs
- Guru in SQL working with large scale datasets in technologies like BigQuery, Vertica, Spark,Hadoop/Hive, etc
- Background in data engineering using Airflow/Dataflow a strong plus
- Deep experience in understanding of advertising campaign performance
- Experience with Scala and/or Java and Python
- Some Experience with RTB/streaming/bids data visualization in Tableau or something similar
- Strong intuition for data and some experience in machine learning would be a plus
- Background in innovation and ability to work with data scientists in the team to improve our bidding algorithms and machine learning models
- Master's degree in computer science or a related field
Why join us?
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization (we recently closed a $65M round of funding)
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
The Demandbase ABM Platform is the only comprehensive set of ABM solutions, Artificial Intelligence and patented technology purpose built for the account-based needs of B2B. This allows B2B companies to execute their marketing and sales efforts across the funnel to identify, attract, engage, and convert their target accounts and then measure the results. You can scale and grow your efforts with the leading ABM vendor instead of trying to patch everything together with multiple point solutions. The Demandbase ABM Platform allows customers to define their ABM strategies and initiatives and then take action from a single platform. It leverages unique B2B data sets, Artificial Intelligence and IP targeting technology, Real-Time Intent as well as ingesting our customers’ first party and CRM data in order to provide insights and initiate account activities. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Grainger, Salesforce and others use Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase was named a Best Place to Work by SF Business times in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2016. For more information, please visit https://www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.