Demandbase is the pioneer in SaaS-based B2B marketing technology, and we’re growing! We’re in a phase of pre-IPO growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. If you thrive on innovation and working with the best in industry, you’re probably a good fit for us.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you enjoy innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
Demandbase is currently looking for an exceptional Product Marketing contractor to join a creative and collaborative product marketing team to help design and execute a diverse range of activities to support the Demandbase ABM Platform. This position requires deep understanding of the marketing and sales technology ecosystem, ABM as a category and vertical markets. Vertical Marketing will be a main focus of this role as we create and build out messaging, awareness and lead flow in target markets/verticals. The position requires knowledge of the industry buyers, their behavior, and channels of communication. This role will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Product Management and customers to develop and evangelize solution positioning, messaging, collateral, sales tools, value drivers, benefits, go to market plans, and differentiation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research specific verticals and markets through customer interviews, primary and secondary research, analysts inquiries and market sizing
- Identify and recommend verticals and create/drive the strategy for each vertical
- Identify personas and map their buyer journeys and understand how they interact with the different touchpoints at each stage
- Define, manage and evolve differentiated competitive messaging and market positions for assigned verticals to support our products, solutions and markets.
- Deliver vertical specific content to assist with development and execution of marketing campaigns and demand generation activities to maximize growth, including web pages, presentations, datasheets and other collateral.
- Train sales and field teams on vertical specific messaging and resources
What we’re looking for:
- Ability and willingness to work onsite at our downtown San Francisco office Monday-Friday 20-30 hours/week.
- Availability starting on or about April 1st through September 30th
- 5+ years’ product marketing experience
- Experience marketing to at least one of the following industries: financial services, healthcare or manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in developing vertical messaging connecting business needs to technology solutions
- Understanding of Account-Based Marketing strategies, tactics and technology.
- Ability to articulate strategic initiatives into a message/position that is meaningful and relevant to the local customer or prospect
- Ability to think strategically and keep abreast of the latest B2B Marketing innovations
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to prioritize on their own, and delegate tasks when appropriate
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and manage multiple programs at one time
The Demandbase ABM Platform is the only comprehensive set of ABM solutions, Artificial Intelligence and patented technology purpose built for the account-based needs of B2B. This allows B2B companies to execute their marketing and sales efforts across the funnel to identify, attract, engage, and convert their target accounts and then measure the results. You can scale and grow your efforts with the leading ABM vendor instead of trying to patch everything together with multiple point solutions. The Demandbase ABM Platform allows customers to define their ABM strategies and initiatives and then take action from a single platform. It leverages unique B2B data sets, Artificial Intelligence and IP targeting technology, Real-Time Intent as well as ingesting our customers’ first party and CRM data in order to provide insights and initiate account activities. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Grainger, Salesforce and others use Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase was named a Best Place to Work by SF Business times in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2016. For more information, please visit https://www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.