Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and San Francisco Business Times #5 Best Places to Work, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us in our downtown San Francisco office. With a roster of dedicated, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and establishing the team that will take us to the next level. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who gets excited about deployment and network operations? We run a variety of applications (Ruby, Python, NodeJS, and Java/Scala) and data pipelines across multiple public clouds (AWS and GCP) using a mix of Chef for configuration management, Rancher and Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration, and Hadoop/EMR/Qubole for data pipelines. For success in this role, you will need extensive experience with AWS and GCP, config management systems, creating and building secure application and data pipelines infrastructure, containers (Docker, Kubernetes), know how to code, and create detailed metrics systems to track the performance of both the infrastructure and application.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage the build and deploy infrastructure
- Define, implement, and maintain key frameworks for alerting, monitoring, and management of infrastructure
- Manage Jira tickets and Kanban board for the team to ensure work is properly balanced across team members
- Cost management for the various infrastructure environments and tooling used to support the Demandbase Platform
- Work closely with Information Security and Compliance team
- Partner with engineering teams to identify key issues and bottlenecks and develop plans for improvements
- Have a “can-do” attitude
What we’re looking for…
- 3-5 years’ experience in a DevOps, Performance, or Cloud Infrastructure Engineering role supporting highly scalable, available, and secure infrastructure to meet enterprise customer demand
- A minimum of 2 years of direct people management responsibilities, to include managing on premise and remote employees
- Experience partnering and collaborating with development teams
- Experience building and maintaining a secure infrastructure by working with Information and Product security teams with an understanding of security frameworks such as CIS and/or NIST
- Deep knowledge and experience of AWS services, such as IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform services such as IAM, GKE, GCE, BigQuery
- Knowledge of automation and security tools such as Terraform, Vault, Jenkins, etc. in order to achieve the “Infrastructure-as-code” model
- Deep hand’s on experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration tools (Rancher and/or Kubernetes)
- Experience defining and tracking SLAs and KPIs for SaaS platforms
- Knowledge of data pipelines and associated technologies, such as Hadoop, AWS EMR, Qubole, Kinesis
- Leadership experience that elevated and inspired the team, delivered on commitments, while helping mentor and providing career development
The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud is a comprehensive set of marketing solutions that are transforming the way companies market and sell to other businesses. Demandbase is powered by patented technology that makes it possible to deliver personalized ads to people at specific companies across the web and tailor the website message to engage and convert these companies to customers. It easily connects into existing technologies including CRM, CMS, and marketing automation, analytics, chat and others so marketing leaders get a comprehensive view of the performance of their marketing programs- from awareness through pipeline and closed revenue. Leaders at high-growth companies such as Adobe, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive better B2B marketing performance. For more information, visit http://www.demandbase.com.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, and much more!