Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of dedicated, blue-chip customers that’s growing every single day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and establishing the team that will take us to the next level. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you love innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
At Demandbase the Director of Customer Success is responsible for guiding and inspiring the team that grows, supports, and renews customer adoption of Demandbase solutions. You will...
- Manage a team of high-performing CSMs that take customers from purchase to value
- Achieve world-class net and gross retention rates for your business
- Manage the complexities and competition of the marketing and advertising technology industry
- Build a culture that energizes your team to achieve results while loving what they do
Critical to success is keeping churn to a minimum and ensuring customers quickly realize maximum value from Demandbase solutions. You will build strong relationships with your team (of 7) and become a trusted advisor. A strong understanding of digital/online marketing and associated technologies including Marketing Automation, Content Management Systems, Analytics is key to this role. This position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
More about what you’ll be doing…
- Develop a team of 7-10 CSMs in our U.S. Mid-Market segment
- Build a coaching and learning culture as the core input to driving business performance
- Leverage data across all interactions in order to help build a scalable business model
- Have a track record of being an excellent coach
- Build valuable cross-functional relationships by partnering with Sales, Customer Experience and Marketing teams on needle-moving objectives
- Support your team across all stages of the customer lifecycle and hold them accountable to KPIs that drive the business
What we’re looking for…
- Proven experience in managing technical project implementations
- Proven sales success in upsell and cross sell environments
- Ability to build and coordinate internal teams and resources
- Team builder and coach of learning sellers - motivate individuals and your team towards customer success. Experience coaching account managers with 3-5 years closing experience.
- Commitment to overachievement - you have a “never quit” attitude, and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of the adversity
- Accountability - you have honest, transparent, and authentic communications with your colleagues
- Sales mindset - experience managing or being managed in a structured sales environment. Includes managing via a sales methodology, a forecast methodology, and structured deal management by sales stage.
- Driving change - track record of leading and empowering groups towards driving improvement while navigating change and simultaneously winning.
- Data-driven decision making - leverage and communicate using data to improve core KPIs that matter to the individuals on our team.
- Marketing Automation and/or CRM and/or Content Management Systems/ Analytics experience.
- BA/BS required
Why join us?
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM). The company offers the only Artificial Intelligence-enabled, comprehensive ABM platform that spans Advertising, Marketing, Sales and Analytics. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Grainger, Salesforce and others use Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase was named a Best Place to Work by SF Business times in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2016. For more information, please visit https://www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, in-office happy hours, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!