What do industry leaders like Adobe, American Express, Box, Dell, Salesforce.com and SAP have in common? They all use Demandbase solutions to power their business-to-business (B2B) marketing!
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. As a late-stage/pre-IPO startup, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you enjoy innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems, real-time APIs, but with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in Big Data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for building scalable machine learning processes that operate over billions of records, creating models that extract data from, among others, website, digital advertising, and CRM solutions into actionable insights, and defining leading edge thinking on how analytical frameworks can be applied to predictive marketing.
We deal with many known problems in NLP such as relation extraction, NER, cross-document summarization, natural language generation, topic modeling, entity linking/disambiguation, large-scale machine learning over graphs, to problems novel to this domain such as personalized ranking of information, predicting the quality of relationships, etc. You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and working as part of the engineering and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across functional groups and with executive stakeholders at customers like the above.
Why you want to join us:
- Be part of an experienced team in Natural Language Understanding, Graph, Deep Learning, and Enterprise Applications with intimate knowledge of the domain
- Help us perform state-of-the-art machine learning techniques in real-time
- Build real-time APIs and customer-facing Applications at the cutting edge where business technology meets artificial intelligence.
- You would have access to a unique set of data capturing all interactions between businesses, which is sought after by many researchers.
- We are uniquely positioned with significant Intellectual Property
- Define: Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define hypotheses and models. We are dealing with all aspects of Business-to-Business sales and marketing problems and first to apply data science to them.
- Document: Write clear, concise descriptions of how insights can be converted into repeatable actions, while driving forward with software engineering best practices.
- Test: Continually iterate on your systems and refine assumptions, data sources and more.
- Code: Build out new applications and business solutions as part of a combined data scientist / machine learning / engineering team.
- Communicate: Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
- Phd or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Statistics Computational Mathematics and/or 5+ years of experience
- Strong background in algorithms and dealing with large-scale data problems
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Mastery in, at a minimum, one modern programming language: Java, Python, C/C++, Scala
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Experience taking projects from initial scoping through prototype and into production, enterprise/large scale is a plus
- Proven ability to apply machine learning to a wide range of problems
- Strong track record of continuous invention and building, creating new things is second nature to you
- Imagination beyond what has been done before
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity in requirements
- Hands on, and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth and development into a leadership position
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other engineers
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM), has been introducing ABM solutions to the market since 2011. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform — account identification, account-based advertising, B2B website personalization, account-based marketing automation, sales insights and integrations into CRM so that ABM results are optimized around sales activity. The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that let marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify in real-time the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, GE, Salesforce.com, Oracle, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive ABM and maximize their marketing performance. The company was named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market in 2016. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com or by following the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!