What do industry leaders like Adobe, American Express, Box, Dell, Salesforce.com and SAP have in common? They all use Demandbase solutions to power their business-to-business (B2B) marketing!
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. As a late-stage/pre-IPO startup, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you enjoy innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Principal Software Engineer in the AdTech Engineering team, you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase DSP platform and moving products from R&D into production scale.
A successful Principal Software Engineer will possess proven experience in building out high-performance large-scale systems. They will also have a keen eye for technical leadership and setting direction for products in an independent fashion.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across many functional groups as well as interaction with executive stakeholders.
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Ad Platform Products including the DSP bidder, APIs, and other high-performance applications
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Test: Ensure all new and modified code is tested to the highest quality at delivery time
- Code: Build new features, and maintain and improve on the performance and scalability of the new advertising platform, including the RTB bidder, Pacing controller, Targeting, data pipelines, as part of an ever-evolving set of requirements to service the advertising needs as our business
- Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Computer Science and 5+ years of working experience
- Worked in a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 4 years
- Deep understanding, and strong experience building high throughput, high performance, highly distributed applications
- Experience building RTB bidders in the AdTech industry is a strong plus
- Strong coding skills, in Golang, Python and Scala
- Strong Experience with High performance Key value stores like Aerospike and Redis
- String understanding of distributes application architecture fundamentals
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Proven knowledge of AWS fundamentals and tooling
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms is a strong plus
- Ability to define standards and best practices for teams
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Why join us...
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization (we recently closed a $65M round of funding)
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM), has been introducing ABM solutions to the market since 2011. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform — account identification, account-based advertising, B2B website personalization, account-based marketing automation, sales insights and integrations into CRM so that ABM results are optimized around sales activity. The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that let marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify in real-time the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, GE, Salesforce.com, Oracle, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive ABM and maximize their marketing performance. The company was named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market in 2016. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com or by following the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!