Demandbase is the pioneer in SaaS-based B2B marketing technology and we’re looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance.
The Sr. Director, Customer Experience Operations is a new role that will be reporting to our Chief Customer Officer, Trish Sparks. In this people manager role, you will be providing operational leadership across core Customer Experience functions including Customer Success, Services & Support, Strategy Consulting, Customer Education. You will drive strategic programs, customer experience operations, analytics & reporting, systems & processes.
We’re looking for a senior operations leader who has deep strategic experience but still hands on and tactical. You should be able and excited to dig into the data and make recommendations that will drive customer satisfaction and retention. This role has one direct report (to start) but may grow in the future.
What we’re looking for…
- 7+ years of relevant experience in management consulting & strategy, or business operations in a SaaS company, or a similar background
- 5+ years of experience managing teams in dynamic, entrepreneurial enterprise software companies – mature start-up’s or companies who’ve scaled during you tenure are ideal
- Strong business and technical acumen and executive presence, combined with deep analytical and organizational skills; strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Strong leadership skills and a drive to make a large impact on the company and the customers
- Passionate and creative leader with a proven track record in leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- Ability to drive change management; guide the team with confidence and empathy through a fast-paced, changing environment
- Passion for data, analytics, and process: ability and desire to dive into data to understand metrics and continuously refine & improve our company strategy and performance – you should be doing this hands on
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience is required; an MBA preferred
What you’ll be doing…
- Strategic Programs
- Lead programmatic execution of improvement initiatives across Customer Experience Organization
- Implement customer advocacy (e.g. referenceability programs, customer satisfaction measurements, community engagement, etc.)
- Global Customer Experience Operations
- Lead Customer Success operations – CSM onboarding, playbook development, enablement and training
- Manage Digital Touch content and enablement (with Marketing support) including one-to-many campaigns, Community, self-service
- Execute Customer education strategy – webinars, Knowledge Base, self-help, etc.
- Drive Renewals – programmatic end-to-end renewals process, renewals forecasting & pipeline, manage renewals teams
- Analytics and Reporting
- Drive analytics to deliver the desired customer experience (e.g. customer health, predictive analytics, usage, etc.)
- Monitor KPIs and performance bottlenecks across Customer Experience teams
- Systems and Processes
- Own roadmap of systems and tools to support Customer Experience teams including Customer Success, Services, Support
- Manage group to maintain operational systems (Gainsight, Financial Force, etc.)
- Recruiter phone screen (30 min)
- Hiring Manager phone screen (30 min)
- Onsite with the HM and a selection of peers (~2-3hours)
- Panel presentation (30-60-90 day plan) (~1-1.5 hours)
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing, enables B2B companies to identify and target the accounts they value most, and then market to them across the entire funnel. The Demandbase B2B Data Cloud is the definitive B2B database and technology for targeting accounts and specific segments within those accounts. The B2B Data Cloud supports customers across their existing, full marketing technology stack and powers The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud, which is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that lets marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. With Demandbase, businesses can target, engage, convert and retain the customers that matter most to their bottom line. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, Salesforce.com, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive Account-Based Marketing and maximize their marketing performance. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, cell phone reimbursement, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!