The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
The Senior Data Engineer will work in all aspects of engineering including technical design, architecture, implementation, quality assurance, deployment, and operations. You will be responsible for scaling our machine learning pipeline, including requirements, architecture, design & development. You will establish the ins and outs of building a highly available, scalable, distributed, and robust system that uses all the modern cloud computing paradigms, techniques and tools.
To apply for the role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You like thinking “outside the box”, are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a strong team player and thrive in a startup environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
- Core responsibilities will be to help scale large scale machine learning models
- Own and drive processing of tens of petabytes of unstructured and structured data
- Provide leadership to the data science and engineering teams in terms of big data processing
- Enable machine learning systems to become more real-time in terms of decisions but also large scale data ingestion
- Working with the latest open source technology on highly distributed, scalable products
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a huge data environment
- Experience working with terabyte level, real-time datasets
- Must have built applications in the past (at the start/mid-career point)
- Multiple large scale distributed systems or data platforms, including Spark, Flink, Kafka, Dataflow, BigQuery, BigTable, Dataproc, etc.
- Experience with Scala and/or Java and Python
- Experience building large scale crawlers, using Nutch, Gora, MapReduce, HBase, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Why join us...
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization (we recently closed a $65M round of funding)
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!