Delos Labs is seeking a Research Analyst with a background in behavioral science to support product development, content creation, and marketing efforts at Delos. We strive to understand how buildings and our behaviors inside them impact us, and are passionate about improving people’s health through better indoor environmental quality and behavioral interventions. The Behavioral Analyst will be responsible for applying behavioral principles and methodologies to inform the development of new products and services, and distill scientific concepts into consumer-friendly language. The successful candidate for this position should have an innovative mindset and a proven ability to understand and apply psychological and behavioral theories in real life-settings.
- Review and support the development of behavioral and technology-based interventions that aim to positively impact people’s health-based behaviors and habits
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research using surveys and interviews to understand how consumers choose products
- Conduct literature reviews on psychological, behavioral, environmental and cultural factors affecting health and well-being
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in behavioral theories related to promoting positive change in health-based behaviors, as well as in technologies and methodologies of intervention design and evaluation
- Support behavioral scientist by advising other teams on behavioral factors that impact health and well-being
- Support content creation on behavior-related and other topics
- Provide ad-hoc support to meet the needs of other teams and departments
- Masters degree, or Bachelors degree with at least 2 years of work experience (research done towards an honors thesis or independent research project can count towards the 2 year minimum) in psychology or behavioral sciences, including: Behavioral Economics, Environmental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Health Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Personality Psychology, Neuroscience, Behavioral and Social Sciences (MPH), Sociology, or I/O psychology.
- A strong background, including broad knowledge of behavioral science, and advanced knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Environmental effects on behavior
- Health behaviors
- Cognitive performance and/or productivity
- Sleep health
- Stress, emotions, and/or mood theory
- Habit formation and attenuation
- Nudge theory
- Strong skills in discovering, critiquing, and reviewing new developments in behavioral interventions, how they can be implemented in real-world settings, and their potential use to improve health and well-being
- General knowledge of statistical techniques and comfort using statistical software (R, Excel, Python, etc.) to conduct analyses
- Genuine interest in using emerging technologies, such as wearables, apps, and push notifications, to positively impact people’s behavior and choices
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Genuine interest in understanding how our environment can impact our behaviors and choices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High-level organizational and project management skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in market research
- Experience in survey creation and/or validation
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Delos Labs:
Delos Labs is a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, and health professionals passionate about improving occupant health through improved indoor environmental quality and behavioral interventions. We work closely with experts in academia and industry to advance our understanding of how buildings and behavior impact human health and well-being.
We conduct secondary research across a wide array of disciplines analyzing how environmental, behavioral, and metabolic factors impact human health, comfort, and performance in buildings. This research drives the discovery and development of new solutions and preserves the organization’s high standards of scientific integrity across all divisions of Delos.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.