Do you care about the quality of the air you breathe? Are you equally passionate about evaluating indoor air quality (IAQ) technologies as you are about assessing and communicating how they affect people’s health? Delos Labs is seeking a Research Associate (Air Quality, Mechanical Engineering) with expertise in IAQ and working knowledge of HVAC systems and air purification technologies to support IAQ product development, assess existing IAQ technologies, and communicate the effects of IAQ to different audiences. We strive to understand how indoor environments impact us, and are passionate about improving people’s health through better indoor environmental quality. The Air Quality Associate will be responsible for applying the principles of mechanical engineering and knowledge of different IAQ technologies to inform the development of new products and services, and distill scientific concepts in the area of IEQ and IAQ into consumer-friendly language. The successful candidate for this position should have an innovative mindset and a proven ability to apply their engineering knowledge in real-life settings.
- Evaluate the performance of existing and emerging IAQ technologies and products, including but not limited to HVAC systems, air purifiers, IAQ sensors, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Work with third-party laboratories to design and perform product testing
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews on air purification technologies and their impact on human comfort, health and productivity
- Collaborate with design and product teams to develop innovative IAQ solutions
- Communicate the benefits of different products, services and solutions to clients and stakeholders
- Keep the company up-to-date on the latest developments in IAQ technologies
- Provide ad-hoc support to meet the needs of other teams and departments
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of work experience) in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, building science, civil engineering, or other related field
- Experience working with different IAQ technologies, including air purification systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to both technical and layman audiences
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Genuine interest in understanding how our environment can impact our health and performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High-level organizational and project management skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Excellent data analytics skills, AI and machine learning skills are preferred
- Hands-on skills and experience with different types of HVAC systems
- Hands-on experience with testing products in a laboratory setting
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Delos Labs:
Delos Labs is a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, and health professionals passionate about improving occupant health through improved indoor environmental quality and behavioral interventions. We work closely with experts in academia and industry to advance our understanding of how buildings and behavior impact human health and well-being.
We conduct secondary research across a wide array of disciplines analyzing how environmental, behavioral, and metabolic factors impact human health, comfort, and performance in buildings. This research drives the discovery and development of new solutions and preserves the organization’s high standards of scientific integrity across all divisions of Delos.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.