Delos Labs is seeking an Engineering Director with expertise in building science and engineering to support R&D initiatives aimed at improving the quality of the built environment.
We strive to understand how indoor environments impact us, and are passionate about improving people’s health through better indoor environmental quality and products that help us develop and maintain healthy behaviors. The successful candidate will work closely with teams across Delos to develop innovative solutions, evaluate products, and communicate the benefits of Delos’ offerings to customers and stakeholders. The successful candidate for this position should have an innovative mindset and a proven ability to apply their building science and engineering knowledge in real-life settings.
- Initiate, manage and support R&D initiatives aimed at improving the built environment
- Enhance internal building science research capabilities for product development and content creation
- Communicate health and wellness benefits of different products, services and solutions to different audiences
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews on topics related to health and well-being in the built environment
- Collaborate with other teams at Delos, third-party vendors, experts and consultants on product development
- Develop, streamline and automate processes for various projects
- Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant work experience, or PhD degree (no work experience required) in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, building science, civil engineering, or other related field
- Experience in initiating, managing and completing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to both technical and layman audiences
- Experience in data analytics
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Genuine interest in improving human health and well-being through better indoor environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High-level organizational and project management skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Experience with product testing and evaluation
- Experience with Python
- Experience with statistical/AI/machine learning models
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Delos Labs:
Delos Labs is a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, and health professionals passionate about improving occupant health through improved indoor environmental quality and behavioral interventions. We work closely with experts in academia and industry to advance our understanding of how buildings and behavior impact human health and well-being.
We conduct secondary research across a wide array of disciplines analyzing how environmental, behavioral, and metabolic factors impact human health, comfort, and performance in buildings. This research drives the discovery and development of new solutions and preserves the organization’s high standards of scientific integrity across all divisions of Delos.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.