The Legal Administrative Assistant will support the legal department with a variety of matters including administrative assistance, data and legal file management and other tasks and will also provide administrative support to the company’s human resources and finance department as needed. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in gaining exposure to all areas of corporate law as well as the many legal, business, and organizational issues confronted by a growth-stage corporation with multifaceted business activities.
- Maintain database of contracts and other legal records to assist legal department in ensuring company compliance with existing contractual and regulatory obligations
- Manage approval, signature and recordation processes for contracts
- Manage and track legal invoices on a monthly basis and liaise with finance department to for invoice processing
- Process monthly expense reports for the legal department
- Initiate background checks and other diligence checks as needed and maintain database ensuring compliance with internal company policies
- Manage and complete vendor request forms
- Work with other internal departments to ensure commercial requests are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain database of company trademarks, copyrights, website domains and patents
- Provide general administrative support for the legal department including drafting correspondence, scheduling and calendar management, coordinating projects, organizing meetings, preparing presentations and agendas, arranging travel, managing mailings, filing and scanning
- Perform other projects and tasks as requested
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Word
- Prior professional experience in a legal environment preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Comfortable completing tasks with tight deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to all matters and documents
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated self-starter with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously to complete tasks accurately, on schedule and with minimal supervision
- Prior work experience as an administrative assistant and/or at a start-up organization is a plus
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.