Delos Labs is looking for a Building Science Associate who is an expert in indoor air quality (IAQ), and has broad knowledge and understanding about indoor environmental quality (IEQ) . Delos Labs works in conjunction with all other departments at Delos to help them meet the high standards of scientific integrity that the company is built upon. The Building Science Associate will assist in Delos Labs’ primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor air quality impacts human health and wellness. The successful candidate will work closely with other teams across Delos and assist in the development of air quality solutions, the assessment of air purification technologies in the market, and generating intellectual property and marketing content related with indoor air quality.
- Assess and evaluate the performance and health benefits of products related to the indoor air quality and other aspect of indoor environment
- Work with third-party testing laboratories to design and perform product testing
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews on air purification technologies and their impacts on human comfort, health, and productivity
- Work closely and collaborate with design and product teams to develop and implement innovative air purification solutions
- Work with other members of Delos Labs to develop IP related to air quality and its impacts on human health
- Generate marketing content for the products, services, and solutions provided by Delos
- Master’s or PhD degree in mechanical engineering, building science, architectural engineering, civil engineering, or other related fields
- Experience in the projects related to air purification technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Hands-on skills and experience with various types of HVAC systems
- Hands-on experience in laboratory setting for product testing
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey intricate ideas in a clear and concise manner that is understandable to technical and lay audiences
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.