Delos is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our finance team. As Staff Accountant for Delos you will support our growing team and help guide the daily financial operations of the business.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Review bills and enter into accounting system
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Manage vendor set up & act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Analyze and reconcile credit card and G/L accounts
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close procedures and our annual audit
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to develop and apply relevant procedures and practices
- Coordinate the improvement of accounting processes to improve productivity and create efficiencies across the company
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- 1-3 years of experience working in Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- Exceptionally organized self-starter who is efficient and thrives under pressure
- Experience with accounting/general ledger systems
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel & MS Office skills
This role will be located in our New York City HQ, but will be primarily remote for the near term due to the current pandemic.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com