Delos is seeking a Lead System Integration Engineer, who will be on the front-line of our rapidly growing business. He/she will liaison between external systems integrators, construction vendors, and contractors, as well as internal project and product managers. As the Lead System Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and managing a process that supports growth and scale, but you must also be passionate about the nitty gritty parts of the job, executing commissioning and programming for our IoT platform DARWIN Home Wellness Intelligence, as well as driving site inspections, quality control, and troubleshooting. Skills in documentation and communication are critical and experience managing a team is preferred. We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge in construction and technology, specifically smart home systems, and is looking to join the healthy home movement in a leadership capacity.
DARWIN focuses on four main components: air, water, light, and sleep. Powered by Delos’ wellness intelligence, the dynamic system interacts with an ecosystem of third-party products and platforms to bring wellness intelligence into the connected home environment.
- Activate DARWIN systems in new homes: including pre-visit preparation and communication, network setup, connecting devices, settings configuration, user tutorial, and QA
- Manage in-field support: Identify and resolve programming issues in existing customer homes
- Build processes and systems that promote and encourage rapid growth and scale
- Lead communication both internally and externally around system integrations, managing end-customers’ expectations and working closely with Delos Operations to prioritize and deliver a world class customer experience for our clients
- Obsess about quality control and ensure all features are working properly before leaving site
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, highlighted by time management capabilities that enable many projects to succeed in parallel
- Work closely with Delos QA team to inform test scripts and run tests that are indicative of real-world scenarios observed and/or anticipated on-site
- Work closely with Design and Technology teams to identify potential problems in installations, including the areas of facility power (AC/DC), security/access, network rack layout and cable management
- Own network documentation, updating and maintaining installation and network drawings, and demonstrate extensive knowledge designing home networks with vlans
- Expertise and programming certifications in relevant smart home automation systems including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and Control4
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the following:
- Programming and deployment of smart home automation technologies
- Network installation, maintenance and operations for service provider or enterprise networks
- ISP network operations, tier one-two or enterprise/IT network infrastructure
- Layer 1 through Layer 3 network services and technologies including internet routing protocols
- A/V distribution and Matrix Switching
- Reading and creating network diagrams and schematics
- Working on construction sites – managing and/or directing infield operation technicians, engineers, contractors and/or vendors
- Experience managing customer support
- Knowledge of residential construction including framing/structure, low voltage, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Ability to travel up to 50%+ of the time as required
- CEDIA Certified A+
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes technology, research, consulting, merchandising, programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com