The Well Living Lab (WLL) is looking for a mid-level Full-Stack Software Engineer to support our application development to expand our technological capabilities. This position leverages the unique opportunity and collaboration between Delos and Mayo Clinic which the lab is built upon. This person will work closely with the Well Living Lab Technology Director, senior technology team members, and the rest of the lab’s team to develop and support applications and solutions which support the innovative research being done at the lab. In this position, you will have the opportunity to continuously bring cutting-edge technology to the lab in support of our ongoing research on how the indoor environmental factors impact human health and well-being.
- Work collaboratively with the WLL technology team to develop and support the lab’s application portfolio, IoT and Cloud capabilities
- Assist in bringing our lab research studies to external environment via technology enablement
- Work closely with WLL technology team in support of the existing technologies
- Be a key technology member to support in the design, selection, implementation of applications and information technologies to satisfy the requirements and specifications of WLL research projects
- Support internal and external IT client/vendor/peer relationships
- Assist in translating research project needs and business strategy into aligned IT solutions and a portfolio of programs, projects and applications
- Bachelor’s degree or above with relevant work experience, in one or more of the following fields:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- At least 3-5 years of software development experience, with at least 3 years of that as a full-stack developer
- At least 1 year of iOS and/or Android app development experience
- At least 1 year with a minimum of 1 extensive project experience in developing solutions with Cloud technologies in Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Experience in researching new capabilities and products, developing proposals to leadership, and improving IT processes and tools
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Ability to thrive in self-managed and team-based work
- Enthusiasm to learn, use and develop innovative research skills, technologies, and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective time management skills
- Experience with building IoT devices via technologies such as Raspberry Pi or Arduino is a big plus
- Experience in developing and integrating with IoT devices is a big plus
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and network is a big plus
- Experience working with biometric and physiological wearable devices
- Experience working in a research and multidisciplinary team setting
- Creativity - there's always a way; sometimes we just haven't found it yet.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Well Living Lab:
The Well Living Lab, a Delos and Mayo Clinic collaboration, was created to research the real-world impact of indoor environments on human health and well-being, and generate evidence-based information that can be used in practical ways to create healthier indoor spaces. For more information about the Lab, visit www.welllivinglab.com.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and well-being by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com