The Senior Project Manager position will assist in the Well Living Lab's primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor environments and human behavior interact to impact occupant health and well-being. This position leverages the unique opportunity and collaboration between Delos and Mayo Clinic. The successful applicant will be tasked with managing multiple medium to large, high priority projects at the same time. The position offers an opportunity to join an interdisciplinary team and collaborate with research and clinical scientists, technology specialists, and business professionals to help develop research programs that further the mission of Delos and the Well Living Lab.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Engage with leadership to provide status updates
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business, or a related field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- M.B.A or masters in related field
- Experience with project management in a scientific research setting strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborative, constructive outlook
- Ardent detail-orientation, organizational skills, and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Experience working in a research and multidisciplinary team setting
- Proven ability to improve processes
Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Well Living Lab:
The Well Living Lab, a Delos and Mayo Clinic collaboration, was created to research the real-world impact of indoor environments on human health and well-being and generate evidence-based information that can be used in practical ways to create healthier indoor spaces. For more information about the Lab, visit www.welllivinglab.com.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com