The Research Analyst position will assist in the Well Living Lab's primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor environments and human behavior interact to impact occupant health and well-being. This position leverages the unique opportunity and collaboration between Delos and Mayo Clinic. The successful applicant will be tasked with maintaining and enhancing the infrastructure and technical capabilities of the Well Living Lab, including conducting performance evaluations of building systems and sensing equipment, as well as supporting research initiatives at the direction of the senior staff. The position offers an opportunity to join an interdisciplinary team and collaborate with research and clinical scientists, technology specialists, and business professionals to help develop research programs that further the mission of Delos and the Well Living Lab.
- Apply knowledge and experience in evaluating and integrating environmental and/or physiological-related sensors technologies in research studies
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and develop various hardware systems at the lab, as needed
- Manage inventory of equipment and devices
- Perform regular maintenance, calibration, and inventory of building systems, sensors, and other lab equipment
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of study data for research purposes
- Experience utilizing open-source device prototyping platforms (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of and implement Internet of Things (IoT) systems and architecture
- Gain knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems related to building HVAC operation and built environmental control
- Work with WLL staff, contractors, consultants, vendors, and Mayo Clinic facilities to coordinate the maintenance and enhancement of the mechanical infrastructure and data collection systems
- Assist lab scientists in the design, preparation, and execution of the human subject-centered building science research studies and pilot test
- Develop SOPs for the operation of equipment and performance of research methodologies
- Coordinate and assist with any activities required to run an active research laboratory
- Contribute to the writing and publication of studies
- Master’s degree or above with relevant work experience, in one or more of the following fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Architectural Engineering or Building Science
- Data Science
- Experience in environmental and physiological-related sensors, and developing or validating sensing devices
- Experience with embedded systems and IoT devices
- Experience in data analytical methodology, including machine learning
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Programming experience (Python, R, or C#)
- Ability to thrive in self-managed and team-based work
- Enthusiasm to learn, use and develop innovative research skills, technologies, and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborative, constructive outlook
- Ardent detail-orientation, organizational skills, and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Experience working in a research and multidisciplinary team setting
- Experience in HVAC, building systems design / operation, and/or physiological measurements of humans in buildings
- Knowledge of IT technologies and sensor networks
- Experience in writing technical reports or peer-reviewed academic journal publications
Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Well Living Lab:
The Well Living Lab, a Delos and Mayo Clinic collaboration, was created to research the real-world impact of indoor environments on human health and well-being and generate evidence-based information that can be used in practical ways to create healthier indoor spaces. For more information about the Lab, visit www.welllivinglab.com.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com