Delos Labs is looking for a highly motivated and accomplished individual to join the team as a full time Material Science/Chemical Intern this summer. Delos Labs supports all departments at Delos in order to meet the high standards of scientific integrity that our company was founded upon. In addition, Delos Labs pursues a variety of independent R&D and product development initiatives. The chemical/material science intern will assist in Labs’ primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor environments and human behavior impact our health and wellness. This position requires a Bachelor degree in engineering, environmental science, material science, or a closely related field. The successful applicant will join an interdisciplinary effort and collaborate with other researchers and professionals across Delos Labs and Delos at large.
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews on indoor environmental quality (material safety, off-gassing, emission testing, toxicology assessment etc.), national and international standards, lifestyle choices and labeling policy, as well as their impacts on human comfort, health, and productivity
- Assess and evaluate the performance and health benefits of products and companies in the health and wellness industry, for example, cleaning agents, consumer electronics, furniture, flooring, finishes, textiles, personal cares, etc.
- Work with 3rd party testing laboratories to perform standard testing evaluations for products
- Generate product review reports based on the given product’s performance in health and wellness related fields
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor degree in material science, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, or other related field(s)
- Hands-on experience in laboratory setting is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic record
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Must be a self starter and comfortable working in groups
- Have passion for researching and evaluating consumer products
- Mandarin skills are a plus but not necessary
Compensation: This is a paid internship. Pay for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com