Delos is seeking an experienced Communications and Marketing Director to lead and manage all communications and marketing functions and activities of the Well Living Lab, a Delos and Mayo Clinic collaboration. The role includes science writing to share the Lab's research findings in easy-to-understand language for a variety of audiences. The Communications and Marketing Director will have the opportunity to help shape the creative and digital direction of our communications and marketing efforts. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong writing, editing, presentation and interpersonal skills and a familiarity with the media landscape. Above all, the Communications and Marketing Director is highly motivated with a deep understanding of the communications discipline along with critical thinking skills and is a creative, detail-oriented, deadline-driven individual who is passionate about modern communications and marketing with strong experience across the digital realm. The right fit for this role is a team player who is eager to contribute and advance the Lab's mission of transforming human health and well-being in the indoor environment.
We are seeking candidates to represent the organization to its stakeholders and the public. The Communications and Marketing Director will develop and implement a communication plan, PR strategies, create social media and marketing campaigns, monitor media mentions and related news and provide oversight on the Lab’s brand. Other typical duties include managing relationships with media outlets, creating and distributing newsletters, creating and editing marketing collateral, participating in speaking engagements, and coordinating special events. Duties / responsibilities include:
- Leads the development and execution of Well Living Lab’s communications, marketing and branding strategy and plans that advance the Lab’s global scientific reputation. Executes tactics for a variety of audiences internally and externally.
- Coordinates with Delos and Mayo Clinic to assure strategic alignment of marketing and communications activities.
- Maintains and updates the lab’s positioning, messaging, branding and design standards.
- Partners with NY-based Delos creative team for successful production and implementation of communications and marketing collateral.
- Defines and prioritizes target audience segments, and develops tailored content that appeals to audience needs and interests
- Develops and manages projects and timelines, budgets and manages freelancers, vendors and/or agencies when workload or additional expertise requires.
- Stays abreast of trends on best practices, emerging platforms and content types.
- Develops and executes on a wide array of deliverables, ranging from brochures to website copy, blogs, social media campaigns, presentations and news releases.
- Provides event management support for key lab activities.
- Measures effectiveness of communications and marketing activities with metrics to show objectives are met.
- Onboard new alliance members and works with marketing communications departments to share the voice together.
- Develops annual communications plan.
- Produces quarterly alliance member webinars.
- Produces quarterly newsletters (alliance members and internal).
- Maintains alliance member portal, Web site and intranet site.
- Manages reviews/approvals of communications and marketing materials.
- Writes/posts blogs frequently.
- Runs quarterly thematic social campaigns and produces consistent flow of social media for LinkedIn (primary), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, others.
- Produces study summaries (1 pagers and summary slides) for completed research.
- Orients new alliance members to alliance portal/marketing kit.
- Announces new members in social media, alliance newsletter, web site, news releases.
- Tracks alliance memberships and fulfillment of benefits.
- Keeps tabs on media coverage about alliance partners/sends bi-weekly reports to team.
- Produces quarterly metrics reports for communications portion of operating plan.
- Facilitates planning for annual summit and spring showcase with lab managing director.
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- B.A. degree in communications, marketing, business or related field.
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in a relevant position, either at an agency or in-house capacity
- Broad-based knowledge of communications and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Very strong general and scientific writing and copyediting experience and impeccable attention to detail/style rules.
- Ability to read and understand scientific literature and translate into lay language for a variety of audiences.
- Detail and deadline-oriented; creative problem solver.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving brand awareness and establishing a corporate voice.Ability to merge multiple inputs into a cohesive final product.
- Strong work ethic.
- Flexible, comfortable with shifting strategies when necessary and able to prioritize activities according to the lab’s needs and opportunities.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills including ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization. Active listening, critical thinker, problem-solver. Persuasive.
- Experience in contributing to many different marketing project types: digital, social media, print
- Technical skills to implement communications tactics.
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated interpersonal flexibility and resiliency in conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of organizations and with external audiences.
- High level organizational and project management skills to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to lead a project team of various skills levels and different backgrounds.
- Passionate changemaker and advocate with a strong personal/professional interest in health and wellness.
- Innovative design, communications and marketing thinker who loves to stay on top of industry trends and tools and leverage them at work.
- Experience in events is a strong plus.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
About Well Living Lab:
The Well Living Lab, a Delos and Mayo Clinic collaboration, was created to research the real-world impact of indoor environments on human health and wellbeing, and generate evidence-based information that can be used in practical ways to create healthier indoor spaces. For more information about the Lab, visit www.welllivinglab.com.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
For additional information, please visit us at www.delos.com