Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Reporting into the Director of Operations, you are responsible for defining the strategic and tactical approach to onboarding the requisite amount of new riders in each area, improving the quality of fleet (optimal vehicle type mix, participation at peak, average hours worked and tenure, and ensuring that riders have the best start with us and fit all our requirements. You will manage the teams responsible for rider marketing, end to end conversion and onboarding.
- Leading each component of our supply process – whether it be ensuring we have enough applicants, that the onboarding process is seamless, that supply matches demand, and that prospective riders have all the support that they need
- Using analytics to build a platform that can sustainably scale – understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the supply process
- Understanding the operational, legal and competitive landscape - to ensure we are constantly evolving and innovating to respond to needs
- Managing and leading – working with the heads of each sub-department and their teams to give them guidance, direction, coaching and to drive results
- Providing input for product, procurement and other HQ central departments – working with all the supporting departments to ensure both the team has their needs catered for, and they are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. optimizing flow of rider application to onboarding process, reviewing efficiency in onboarding teams
- Designing, building and leading the required supply operations org structure
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Coach – able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and lead their teams through change.
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo.
- Project Management – know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way.
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.