Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore. It’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions - bespoke delivery only kitchen hubs designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged, and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced, and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too and with over 50+ kitchens now operating in 12 x locations we plan to significantly grow this business through London and the regions in 2018.
Kitchen Managers are part of a small team, led by the Delivery Editions Site Ops Director, who are responsible for the operational performance of 4 kitchens covering multiple cuisine types at our Birmingham site. They will oversee a team of cooks and porters, working to hit KPIs related to food quality, costs, cook times, and hygiene.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and retention of chefs - we want to attract, hire and keep the best people and you will lead this process in Birmingham and be responsible for ongoing scheduling and performance against labour cost expectations.
- This is a leadership role managing a team of approximately 10 x chefs.
- Performance management of your team including setting targets and appraisals
- You will be responsible for all inventory stock management including waste, ordering as well as COGs reporting against target and theoretical.
- Ensuring high quality standards are maintained and dishes are made to specification
- You will be responsible for standards and compliance and our expectations is that each of the kitchens will achieve no less than a ‘5’ star EHO scores on the doors rating. Food safety audits are expected to be all above 85% with no critical issues
- At least 5 x years experience as head chef or development chef in a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment.
- A minimum of Food Safety Certificate Level 3 or higher.
- Experience of inventory cost management and cost of goods accountability preferably using Fourth or equivalent systems.
- A strong track record in managing kitchen teams is a pre requisite for this role.
- Delivery only kitchen and multi menu experience is very relevant but not essential.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit—we'll provide a Macbook
- Outstanding teammates to work alongside
- An abundance of online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.