Job Title: Content Designer
Location: London, Cannon Street
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The content design role
Content designer, content strategist, UX writer... whatever title you're using, if you understand the power of words and have a strong user focus, we want you on our team.
You'll be part of the Experience team. You'll be accountable for every word that appears in your product area and be the go-to person for creating strategic UX copy that's compelling, easy to understand and concise.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- Work with researchers, designers, product managers, content and marketing teams in creating and applying a strong and consistent tone of voice to all of our products
- Collaborate with the Experience team and product managers to create a framework and process for continuously improving and testing new content
- Put great copy at the heart of everything you design – in partnership with the rest of the Experience team
- Usability test your work and rapidly iterate to ensure we're always using the right language at the right time
- Work closely with engineers to understand how your content and designs can work in the best possible way for users
- Engage with translation agencies, translators and other content writers to audit and improve user interface copy across all our international markets
This role is for you if you
- Have experience in working with a multidisciplinary team to create outstanding content across a variety of platforms and products
- Have an understanding of usability and/or UX principles and how they work when applied to a range of products
- Have a track record in creating outstanding, impactful copy for user interfaces on web and mobile
- Are great at helping your colleagues understand the importance and value of great copy and can explain content design and processes clearly
And it's really for you if you
- Have experience creating tools and documentation to support the content design team, and helping to embed them in the day-to-day work
- Have experience in A/B testing content across a range of platforms
- Have experience working with conversational copy, such as chatbot writing, conversational design and/or script writing
- Enjoy mentoring budding content designers
It's probably not right for you if you
- Specialise in snappy ad lines and marketing style copy or you're a social media wordsmith – this is purely a product writing role
- Love the idea of working with CMS content management
- Prefer working with a structured briefing process
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.