Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Data Scientist, Rider Marketing Analytics
As a rider marketing analyst, you will work on all aspects of marketing our rider proposition to prospective and returning applicants through a wide array of digital and offline channels.
This will include identifying the most and least effective marketing campaigns, developing logic and processes around spending decisions and supporting strategic business decisions with insightful analysis and accurate reporting.
You will work closely with the Global Rider Marketing Teams and cross-functionally with technology and commercial teams around the world handling a mixture of projects, ad-hoc analyses and reporting to ensure the business is informed of marketing performance in all countries and has the right tools to make the best decisions.
- 25% - Own day-to-day activities for rider marketing analytics globally and be responsive to ever-changing business needs.
- 50% - Develop the models, processes and frameworks required to understand the most effective methods and channels to grow and sustain our rider fleet.
- 25% - Perform analyses as required by the business to provide insight into the marketing activities of each country.
- Be an experienced, inquisitive individual with both a business mindset and strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools).
- Understand the concepts of incrementality and opportunity cost in decision-making.
- Be comfortable working with cohort models and performing cohort-based analysis.
- Have business and economic insight and understand the need for trade-offs between value and cost.
- Be confident and constructively challenge ideas and concepts to collaboratively develop the optimal solution to a problem.
- Be able to work dynamically to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Be self-motivated and able to drive project progress with minimal guidance.
- Have good stakeholder management skills – clear on who the stakeholders are and when to engage them throughout the project.
- Have excellent communication skills – articulate and comfortable with debating ideas and opinions. Clear presentation of analysis to managers and the wider business through slide decks & reports is typical.
- Have a strong analytical mindset, be a critical thinker and have great attention to detail.
- Have a very strong command of SQL.
- Experience with predictive analytics, strategic modelling and sensitivities.
- Experience with performance marketing (Facebook, Google AdWords, etc.).
- Experience of marketing attribution models.
- Knowledge of coding methods. We may not be developers, but we love GitHub and Travis all the same.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Looker, Periscope, or Tableau.
- Previous commercial use of other data mining/statistical languages (Python, R) is highly preferred (our stack is Python-based).
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new MacBook and stuff.
- An abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.