Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities
Market Research Data Scientist
As a Market Research Data Scientist (Selection and Pricing) in the Business Analytics Team, your primary mission is to build a comprehensive and robust market research system for competition and benchmarking analysis.
- Build and maintain our data crawling infrastructure, which is mainly built in Python.
- Discover and eliminate bottlenecks from our various data processes.
- Research, conceive and develop competitive analysis to extend and improve on Deliveroo's product offering.
We are looking for engineers/data scientists who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems. You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Analytics verticals - Service & Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, Performance and Infrastructure. So that we can achieve our goals together - feed people 3 times a day. You will also maintain a similar relationship with data scientists in other teams, such as Product Analytics and Growth Analytics.
- A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
- Numerical and with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in Python, Perl, R or a similar scripting language, and in SQL.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Top academics with a Computer Science background and systems experience.
- Experience with large datasets.
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby).
- Experience using data analysis/data science libraries such as Pandas, Beautiful Soup, Sci-kit Learn, NumPy and SciPy.
- Comfortable using JSON files and associated libraries.
- Knowledge of data management, data cleaning, machine learning, and analytics techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new MacBook and stuff.
- An abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.