Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
+ Department Intro
Operations teams are the foundation of our business. Through localizing our international strategy and product they source and manage an increasing fleet of delivery partners and ensure the efficient and rapid delivery of all of our orders from our vast network of restaurant partners, to our increasing pool of hungry customers. We are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team in this exciting opportunity to be part of an early stage startup, where they will make a difference.
+ Job Intro
As a Street Ambassador you will play an active role in the escalation of the business, ultimately helping to bring Singapore to success.
Amongst other things, you will be expected to:
- Conducting on-ground Deliveroo promotion at premium locations
- Interacting with the public in street and event settings while distributing outreach material and getting people to sign up
- Educating the public about the food delivery economy and the opportunity to make their free time a cash positive asset
- Strong communicator who's highly outgoing, energetic, proactive with an appetite for learning
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- Prior experience with sales, street marketing or canvassing is great but not a strict requirement
- Confidence in recording information on smartphone or similar and producing written reports/responses as required using Google Apps or Microsoft Office and other systems provided.
- Believer in the food delivery economy
- Language fluency (English & your native mother tongue) will have an added advantage.
- Willing to commit for at least 1-2 months, starting from January 2018
- You should not get easily intimidated and happy to “go the extra mile”
- Up to 40 hrs/week, including evenings and weekends, Up to $23/h!
- Competitive hourly compensation and additional achievement fees.
- No salary cap, you fix your earning based on your performance!
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- BIG team lunches!
- Letter of recognition from Deliveroo to add to your portfolio
- An awesome team to work with
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.