Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Reporting into the Supply Optimisation Lead, UKIE, you are responsible for optimising the way that we grow our rider fleet. You’ll build and implement processes that improve efficiencies and the quality of our rider onboarding experience. You’re obsessed with continuous improvement and know how to optimise a process end-to-end.
- Developing new processes from signup to activation - create processes that streamline our operations and deliver a great rider experience
- Building and testing new onboarding models - help craft experiments and models to be piloted throughout the UK to determine optimal supply processes for Deliveroo
- Improving the effectiveness of conversion processes - whether it’s improving our comms or offering targeted incentives, increase conversion rates at every step
- Using analytics to improve processes - identify bottlenecks and points of inefficiency, A/B test alternatives to come up with sound recommendations
- Ensuring we hit supply targets in all markets - by monitoring every stage of supply processes to ensure we have the right size fleet in every market. Develop market-level intervention plans where needed
- Providing input for product, comms and other HQ central departments – working with all the supporting departments to ensure both the team has their needs catered for, and they are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. improving conversion communications, conversion incentives, onboarding methods
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Logical - able to structure a problem and get to the crux of an issue quickly, using data and without over-complicating
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Project Management – know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way
- Change Management - knows how to flow meaningful changes through a large organisation to drive adoption and ensure success