Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
About the role
As a member of the National Operations Strategy team, you will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and unlocking growth through data backed solutions. Operations Strategy Associates are well versed in excel - knowledge of other software such as python or SQL is also highly regarded - and able to coordinate across multiple teams.
You will have the unique opportunity to work alongside the restaurant and marketing teams to scale and develop our delivery networks across Australia. Balancing the dynamics between customer, restaurant and delivery riders is a complex problem. With the support of a high performing and collaborative team, you will take the lead on solving this problem, being responsible for the operational performance of one of our regions.
We are looking for someone that not only demonstrates analytical rigor and creative thinking, but also a deep curiosity to learn and a hunger to push the boundaries of success. This is the ideal role for someone looking to take their analytical skills into execution, process-building and iteration to get to operational excellence. It is also rare opportunity to gain a valuable understanding of all the moving parts within a successful high-growth start-up.
What you’ll do
- Work within the National Operations Strategy team to optimise the delivery network for all Australian markets. You will to dive into the inner workings and efficiency of marketplaces (speed of service, availability, cost per order, etc) as well as improving the quality of service for customers, restaurants and delivery riders.
- Collaborate with other central teams, including Live Operations, Rider Supply, Sales and Marketing, to ensure markets are continuing to scale efficiently.
- Run experiments across different markets for validation and national roll out - this could include incentive schemes for riders or a new way to drive growth in rider supply.
- Collaborate with other markets across APAC to share knowledge and best practice
- Work with Sales to plan and execute the expansion of Deliveroo to other citie
- 1 - 2 years experience in corporate services (Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Operations)
- SQL and/or Python skills a definite plus
- Strong business acumen and an ability to aggressively prioritise your workflows. You are use to managing multiple work streams at a time and an ability to efficiently manage your time to meet pressing deadlines
- Personable and an ability to build effective relationships and collaborate with teams of wildly different skill sets
- Resilience and an ability to adapt to an ever evolving market and product
- Candor - you speak your mind in an effective and empathetic manner
- Table tennis experience (related sports such as tennis and squash qualify)
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.