Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Reporting into the Head of Supply, UKIE, you are responsible for onboarding and supporting riders throughout the UK. You’ll manage a large regional organisation of Area Managers and Operations Representatives. Riders are at the heart of our business, and we want to ensure we are treating riders like customers; giving them a great reason to join Deliveroo and making the process of getting started easy and engaging.
- Designing and building the RUK team - determining what is needed where and taking steps to make that a reality
- Managing and developing the team - providing day to day team management and putting strong training/development practices in place to build an effective team
- Helping develop “the future of supply” vision - as one of a small number of stakeholders help come up with a long-term roadmap for how we will approach supply in the future, including likely models and options to test
- Testing new onboarding models - help craft pilots and experiments to be delivered in RUK to determine optimal supply processes for Deliveroo
- Crafting the vision for the RUK team - in line with future supply models, develop the strategy for the RUK team. Which activities? How many people? Which KPIs?
- Using analytics to improve team and supply performance – use data to surface improvement opportunities for the regional team and improvement opportunities for supply overall in RUK
- Providing input to product - as a key Supply stakeholder, give input to Product to shape the rider lifecycle roadmap
- Keeping RUK performance on track - keep an eye on targets and proactively flag any issues or risks
- Surfacing competitive intel from the RUK team - leverage in-market teams to flag any new competitor intel they come across, particularly things that should shape the rider value prop
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Coach – able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and lead their teams through change.
- Detail oriented - can be accountable for a large organisation with many moving parts. Provides detailed reporting to demonstrate performance or identify issues
- Inquisitive - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo.
- Project Management – know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way.
- Change Management - knows how to flow meaningful changes through a large organisation to drive adoption and ensure success