Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Operations in UAE
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, you will have responsibility for end-to-end payroll for all riders in UAE. The right individual must have experience of working with data and strong Microsoft Excel ability.
- Calculating the monthly payroll for the Deliveroo rider fleet and submitting salaries via internal systems / procedures.
- Paying employees by submitting the monthly payroll in line with the payroll calendar, with consideration for public holidays.
- Weekly reporting on absence data to ensure data is correct at month end
- Calculating the monthly payroll for subcontractors and submitting time-sheets for review.
- Collating and processing all invoices for subcontractors.
- Calculating rider bonuses and tips on a bi-monthly basis.
- Adhering to strict payment timelines and informing management of any potential conflicts with payment timelines.
- Maintaining payroll information by designing new and efficient systems.
- Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage and deductions (missed shifts etc)
- Preparing reports by compiling summaries of earnings, deductions, leave, sick pay and bonuses.
- Balancing the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Responding to all payroll enquiries regularly via all communication channels, including in person.
- Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests from relevant team members.
- Maintaining payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Numerate degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Min. 1-2 years of UAE experience, working with company payroll, data entry and payroll reporting.
- Experience of working with complex teams and people from a variety of backgrounds / nationalities.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- **Strong ability with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.** - please note that this is essential as this role requires a lot of data manipulation.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.