Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
As Head of New Site Openings - Editions, you will be responsible for getting every one of our restaurant partner kitchens set up all across the UK & IE at lightening speed. You are our kitchen setup expert working directly with our restaurant partners and you will tailor make ‘Editions’ for their specific needs and get it up at running ready for operation:
- Delivering Editions kitchens on time and on budget
- Understanding restaurant partner needs and aligning with overall project goals
- Overall responsibility for kitchen and site location layouts
- Evaluating utility requirements to ensure that we maximise location area potential
- Working with partners and the site operations team to prepare and countdown each location / kitchen opening for safe and legal sign off / handover to ops
- As a key member of the launch team updating and liaising with the group to problem solve and deliver best outcome solutions for Editions
The role requires experiencing in launching new restaurant sites and strong communication skills:
- 4+ years experiencing launching new kitchen / restaurant locations
- Experience of working with and approving kitchen layouts
- Experiencing in working within budgets
- Strong communication skills with key partners
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.