Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Business Strategy Manager will act as a right hand person and report directly into the Country Manager for Deliveroo Australia as well as work very closely with the senior management team to help solve the most critical strategy and operation problems throughout the business. This person will take a company-wide perspective, build frameworks and support implementation of high impact projects as well as building cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and teams to achieve goals, while enforcing accountability.
The role will see you lend support to all functions within the business in strategy and analytics, with a strong focus on improving business sustainability and finances, as well as department accountability, playing the role of an internal strategy consultant.
This is a unique opportunity for a problem solver and strategic thinker, to get great exposure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Utilize high level analytical skill across departments
- Building cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Evaluate new business models and corporate relationships
- Identify and target attainable opportunities in the market
- Provide training materials for process owners who need support
- Ability to plan different elements of the business strategy
- Diagnose areas of optimisation and demonstrate hypothesis driven problem solving abilities
- Producing analysis reports for review by the Country Manager
- Supporting the Country Manager with the quarterly and annual forecasting/budgeting
- 2-3 years work experience in a top strategy consulting firm
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple senior stakeholders
- Track record of execution capability
- Ability to sniff out, chase and proactively problem solve on issues without much guidance
- A passion for food
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.