Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
About the role
An excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing start-ups and learn what it takes to scale a business in an ever-changing environment. We are looking for tech-savvy, energetic, customer-focused individuals to join our Operations Supply Team. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing company and develop your business operations experience.
Rider Supply Associates are the first point of interaction with our riders. They are energetic, computer literate, and experienced in handling enquiries. Most importantly, Associates have a desire to get it done and understand the necessity of getting their hands dirty with execution. This includes assessing and removing friction points in the onboarding process and developing new rider marketing and onboarding material.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the Strategy, Support and Central Supply teams to ensure you are engaging the right number and type of riders across Australia.
- Actively developing strategies for improving rider numbers and retention in key areas.
- Interviewing and communicating with potential riders over the phone and via email.
- Moving successful candidates through the application process.
- Working closely with the Supply Lead to develop engaging onboarding content.
- Identifying trends and gaps across Australia’s supply pipelines to help direct our rider marketing strategies.
- Supporting the fulfilment of your team's daily and weekly targets.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, with style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice for any situation.
- You enjoy looking into business processes, understanding how they work and finding ways to optimise them.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn operational skills across logistics, supply and demand, and strategy.
- Strong energy to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-driven environment.
- A solid base of IT competence including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- An interest in being part of one the fastest growing start-ups and market leader.
- Food is your friend - you’ve got to have an appetite to work here!
- Customer service, operations or hospitality experience is a bonus.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.