Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Deliveroo is currently seeking a Team Leader to take ownership of the Restaurant Experience portion of our support team.
This role is responsible for leading a team across offices in Australia, Singapore and Manila, ensuring their efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the overall business objectives.
The Restaurant Experience team is responsible for ensuring the Deliveroo Riders receive efficient and effective support to deal with live delivery queries. This is a leadership role and will be heavily involved in the management of teams and the tasks which those teams are required to complete, reporting to the Business on the performance levels of these objectives related to Restaurant support and driving change to ensure continuous improvement.
Your role will include the following:
- Provides daily direction and communication to direct reports in order to maximise efficiencies and prepare team members for out of the ordinary events, promotions, incidents and response to major emergency situations.
- Liaise regularly with local and remote Team Leaders to discuss performance, identify issues affecting performance and maintain open dialogue channels.
- Engage stakeholders in UK head office to keep abreast of updates to technology and policy which will impact the Restaurant Support teams in Manila, and provide updates and implements change regarding those communications as necessary.
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures to create and implement better modes of operations, with the objective of making the provision of service more effective and efficient for both team members and clients.
- Serve as the feedback channel between the organisation’s other departments (specifically Account Management and Marketing teams) and the Restaurant Support & Live Operations teams to ensure smooth communication and resolution of any issues affecting service levels.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Overseas travel to Philippines is required at least once a quarter, or as required. Travel to Singapore and London may also be required.
- Showcase good leadership skills to motivate and engage team members to achieve results.
- Excellent skills for communicating and relating with both staff members and customers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to create a healthy relationship with team members in local and remote offices.
- A calm temperament to handle disputes and emergency scenarios.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Ability to source and interpret data to identify trends and develop and improve process, procedure and individual performance.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.