JOB TITLE: Commercial Finance Analyst – Global Operations
Reports to: Commercial Finance Director - Global Operations and Shared Services
LOCATION: LONDON HQ
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Commercial Finance department. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business. As a trusted business partner throughout the business you will be maintaining financial discipline throughout the company’s expansion.
The Commercial Finance Analyst – Global Operations will partner closely with key global operations staff to provide analysis, decision support and insight from a financial lens. The rider fleet is the lifeblood of Deliveroo and this role, as primarily a business partnering and analytical role, is focused on optimising rider operations and supply performance to drive profitability and growth. The role is highly commercial and ideal for someone who thrives in a fast paced and ever changing environment. The job will involve:
- Partnering with the three regional operation performance managers, the operations strategy team and the rider marketing teams (all HQ based) to analyse and understand rider operations and supply performance, to help drive the top and bottom line.
- Reporting on this performance and suggesting ways of improving results.
- Understanding of the strategic goals of the operations teams and contributing to the setting of these.
- Supporting the wider Commercial Finance team to understand the impact of Operations performance on country level performance
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to influence decision making
- Production of quarterly forecasts, budgets and long range plans for operating costs and headcount costs which are agreed and bought in to by stakeholders
- Understanding performance against these targets and completing further analysis to suggest corrective action
Key competencies/skills: Commercially minded and entrepreneurial; Highly analytical problem solver; Ability to work independently and be a self-starter; Strategic & operational level thinking; Experience influencing financial and non-financial stakeholders; passionate, motivated, proactive and flexible attitude; trust your judgement; lead by example; desire to learn and develop
Technical proficiencies: Excel; Powerpoint; SQL a bonus
Desired values: Give a shit; Be Straightforward; Respect Everyone; Never be complacent; Have fun
Qualifications: CA / CIMA preferred
Level of experience: 1-3 years PQE
Employment Term: Full time
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners
- Highly subsidised gym membership
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.