Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Commercial Finance department. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business. As a trusted business partner throughout the business you will be maintaining financial discipline throughout the company’s expansion.
The Commercial Finance Manager – UK & Ireland will partner closely with key strategic commercial and operational stakeholders to provide decision support and insight. You will have a direct impact on the future direction of UK business. A majority of your time reviewing and proposing changes within the businesses and understanding the financial impact of these decisions. Towards month end, you will be responsible for understanding key drivers of the P&L and reviewing with the various business partners. This job is prefect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems and can manage various stakeholders.
The job will involve:
- Partnering with the UK team to review appropriate strategies for their respective areas and support delivery of the overall business strategy and long-range plans.
- Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Supporting the wider business by helping them work through business casing for various new initiatives
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Produce quarterly forecasts, budgets and long-range plans for the UK & Ireland business
- Understanding performance against these targets and advising on corrective action
- Partner with members of the functional commercial finance team to better understand their functional areas on expertise as well as global initiatives effect on the UK
- Working with the FP&A and Accounting teams to review month-end numbers
Key competencies/skills: Commercially minded and entrepreneurial; Highly analytical problem solver; Ability to work independently and be a self-starter; Strategic & operational level thinking; Experience influencing financial and non-financial stakeholders; passionate, motivated, proactive and flexible attitude; trust your judgement; lead by example
People management skills: Experience handling various decision-makers
Technical proficiencies: Advanced Excel, Powerpoint, SQL (Nice to Have)
Desired values: Give a shit; Be Straightforward; Respect Everyone; Never be complacent; Have fun
Qualifications: CA / CIMA or equivalent preferred
Level of experience: 2-4 years PQE in key influencing roles
Employment Term: Full time
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners
- Highly subsidised gym membership
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.