Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions: bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
What you'll be doing:
As Commercial Director, you will be leading Deliveroo’s Business Development and Account Management teams, tasked with signing up Hong Kong’s best restaurants and chains, and managing a portfolio of over three thousand restaurant partners. You will be joining one of the fastest growing start-ups globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
You'll need to build solid relationships with all types of personalities in the F&B industry. You'll lead, develop, mentor and coach a large team of managers and associates. Ultimately, you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our market leadership and solidify our restaurant relationships.
More specifically, you will:
- Facilitate and lead meetings with high profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiation or relationship management
- Own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders
- Define and lead our Business Development and Account Management strategy in Hong Kong
- Manage a team of 30-40 sales managers and account managers in a very structured and methodical manner
- Motivate the team to meet ambitious targets
- Represent Deliveroo in F&B industry events
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the HK F&B industry
Skills you'll need:
- Extensive experience in a sales role environment, either business development or key account management
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Strong sales skills and track record of large scale business development success;
- Experience hiring, leading, mentoring and retaining large (20+) commercial teams to repeatedly exceed their targets
- Strong track record of building and maintaining outstanding relationships with CXO and other senior level key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which enable you to influence CXO management level
- Demonstrated capability in building and executing strategy around revenue growth and key accounts performance with a data driven mindset
- Fluency in English & Cantonese
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant/F&B industry in Hong-Kong
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Consulting / finance background
- Competitive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Hong Kong
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Gym subsidy
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.