Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen.
It’s a formula that’s working too as we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 150 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – it’s an end to end service that ensures a seamless delivery service for customers, as well as drive our internal logistics operations.
To do this, we manage a fleet of 4000 riders which will grow to 8000 riders.
This function also caters for thousands of restaurant partners which is growing all the time.
As we continue our phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role will require a hands on approach in operating and coordinating multiple teams in our operations function which include rider hiring, support, payments, communications and engagement. We also have a ton of data here we need to leverage to help us understand how we can improve efficiency and effectiveness of the fleet.
Your responsibilities include:
- Driving operations and using your existing knowledge and experience to improve performance.
- Increasing our data analytics capability in the ops team, identifying behavioural trends along the way.
- Converting those insights into strategic projects, prioritising team goals and setting ambitious timelines to reach them.
- Optimizing and iterating our current processes as well as evolving and developing new processes across our operating areas.
- Strong data analytics skills, you’ll be able to interpret and present data to various audiences and translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Process driven mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking.
- A driven and confident personality, who can thrive in a fast paced environment whilst keeping a cool head.
- Proven operational and analytical experience previously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- It’d be great if you can write the odd Python Script or SQL too although this is not essential.
- Top notch kit
- An abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global Universities
- BIG Friday lunches – food Deliveroo'd to the office
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.