Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Our consumer iOS app is regularly featured on the App Store home page and was chosen as one of Apple's Best Apps of 2015.
You’ll work as part of our small but rapidly growing product team building robust, maintainable and beautiful iOS applications for our customers and our riders.
To do this, you'll need a deep understanding of the iOS platform and Apple's Human Interface Design Guidelines, along with a pragmatic approach to programming and a love of well-crafted code.
You'll relish the challenges of working in a fast-paced, growing team. We're looking for people who enjoy tackling problems collaboratively and working closely with designers and QA engineers to create polished solutions.
- Pride in readable, well-designed code.
- Great knowledge of Objective-C and Swift.
- Expert knowledge of core iOS frameworks.
- Knowledge of design patterns commonly used in iOS development.
- Experience with unit tests and architecting testable code.
- Great communication skills and evidence of successful collaboration with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- An eye for good design and intuitive user experiences.
- Experience working collaboratively on a codebase and openly discussing pull requests.
- A willingness to try things and iterate.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new MacBook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities