Job title: Software Engineer (iOS)
Location: Cannon Street, London
Before reading this job advert, we want you to know that it's intended for you to see how we work, and decide if we're right for you. Research shows that a significant number of people decide not to apply to jobs based on the requirements listed in the advert; if you see something here that you're not expert level or even relatively skilled at... good! You can learn it all here.
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Our consumer iOS app is regularly featured on the App Store home page and was featured in Apple's Best Apps of 2017.
You’ll work as part of our small but rapidly growing product team building robust, maintainable and beautiful iOS applications for our customers and our riders.
You'll relish working in a fast-paced, growing team. We're looking for people who enjoy tackling problems collaboratively and working closely with designers and QA engineers to create polished solutions.
- Experience writing iOS apps.
- A willingness to try things and iterate.
- Pride in readable, well-designed code.
- Knowledge of design patterns commonly used in iOS development.
- Good communication and collaboration with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- An eye for good design and intuitive user experiences.
- Experience working collaboratively on a codebase and openly discussing pull requests.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.