Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favorite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
Deliveroo has totaled 800 million euros of investment in the past four years and is ready to take over the food delivery world. Deliveroo has seen a growth of 600% over the past year and it is clear that we are in a face where the company goes from start-up to scale-up. For these types of transitions, complex issues are looking and for this reason, we are looking for a General Operations Manager with experience for our Benelux Operations team. Issues that could be played are; What does the optimal fleet look like? How big should be a (delivery) zone? How do we motivate our riders? Where do we find the hundreds of riders we need to keep growing?
Deliveroo launched in Belgium in September 2015 and quickly became the leading food delivery company. Over a year into operations, we are working with over 900 restaurants across the country and are still recording two-digit growth. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us. Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, passionate brand builder!
The Dutch and Belgian Operations team will soon be merged into one strong team. We are looking for a General Operations Manager who can shape and guide this process. Therefore we are looking for someone who has demonstrable analytical skills and the skills to build and manage a team. The four Benelux teams we will be building in the Operations departments are: Support, Engagement, Performance, and Supply. After successfully supervising and setting up this transition, you will become the manager of one of these pillars within the Benelux Operations team. You will also be part of the Benelux Middle Management Team.
Our ideal candidate has;
• A completed a University degree;
• 2-5 years work experience;
• Extremely strong analytical skills
• Has the ability to drive an enthusiastic young team;
• You have a great problem solving ability;
• Quick switch between multiple systems and multitasking in a fast environment
Of course we also offer you something to offer:
• A unique experience within a young, ambitious and fast growing international company;
• The opportunity to build your own team;
• An environment in which you will get a lot of opportunities and where there is plenty of room for your ideas;
• A market-based salary;
• A laptop & a fee for your phone charges;
• Delicious food!