Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
An amazing opportunity to join us in this newly created role. We're only at the beginning of our FM journey and looking for the best of the best to join us. We're a global team, we thrive under pressure, we work fast and we get results. If you're looking for a challenge, the opportunity to be there from the beginning and make an impact then apply now!
To manage the health, safety and security at all Deliveroo properties across our global portfolio and to create and drive health and safety best practice to the business
- Use health and safety management strategies and industry best practice to develop a first class safety programme within a multi-site organisation
- Working alongside our global compliance consultant to ensure all Deliveroo sites are legally compliant and all documentation is up to date and available. Monitoring and reviewing business and legislative changes and amending the internal standards and policies as appropriate
- Undertake and review risk assessments appropriate to the task and site, creating an action plan and supporting the Global Facilities team to close off action points and areas of non-conformance in a timely fashion
- Urgent issues are escalated to the relevant responsible person and a remedial action plan is put into action immediately
- Creating an engaging programme of proactive training and self assessment tools that suit the needs of the business and comply with country specific legislation
- Providing advice and guidance to stakeholders on health and safety matters
- Creating strategies to reduce the risk on the business and recommending suitable adaptations to process and procedure
- Creating a framework and process for incident management and reporting. Providing information and statistics in management reports to include accidents, incidents and near misses
- Investigating and managing near misses/accidents and reporting them appropriately. Making recommendations for future improvements to prevent recurrence
- Driving cultural and behavioural change within a fast paced organisation with engaging and informative content
- Working towards ISO Accreditation and a best in class function
- Collating all supplier and contractor due diligence information ensuring all contractors and suppliers working on site have sufficient insurance cover and are technically competent and managing the relationship to develop a true partnership
- Creating and maintaining the Deliveroo Business Continuity and Disaster Plan alongside key stakeholders
- Creating security standards that are scalable globally; they should support and protect both staff and infrastructure across a varied portfolio to include Country HQs, Rider Onboarding Centres and co working space
- Supporting the Head of Global Real Estate on new office fit outs and refurbishments as the H&S/Security SME
- Ongoing personal development through training, qualifications, industry publications and job shadowing etc
- Acting as the company expert on all areas of H&S, providing advice and support to employees
You will need to have experience in;
- Data analysis and reporting
- Develop and implementing Health and Safety performance related systems and procedures
- European or Global H&S
- Driving change and improvements
- Managing multiple work flows and stakeholders
- NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma or CMIOSH or equivalent
Free food and LOTS of it
Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
Subsidised gym membership
Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
An extremely fun team to work alongside!
Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.