Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
An amazing opportunity to join us in this newly created role. We're only at the beginning of our FM journey and looking for the best of the best to join us. We're a global team, we thrive under pressure, we work fast and we get results. If you're looking for a challenge, the opportunity to be there from the beginning and make an impact then apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting into the Head of Global Facilities Management deliver a high level of facilities services to employees within our UK and Ireland offices and instill a quality service orientation in the Facilities team
- Develop and oversee Facilities midterm and long range planning for operations to support the department, business partners & corporate goals and objectives
- Management and development of the UK Facilities team ensuring all staff have clear roles, objectives and development plans
- Ensuring the Facilities team are delivering a professional and proactive service to stakeholders
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to exceed customer expectations and help promote a professional organisation
- Plan, budget and manage the UK and Ireland facilities operating and three year plan
- Work with the HR and finance teams regarding space requirements and headcount to ensure our work spaces are fit for purpose and flexible enough to support future growth
- Create and implement savings initiatives across the assigned portfolio
- Implementing a proactive approach to the maintenance and service the team provide
- Creating quarterly reports to update the Management Team on team performance and objectives
- Stakeholder engagement and raising the profile of the Facilities team to include social media presence and ‘facilities brand’
- Contract and Supplier management ensuring the business are receiving the best service and value for money. Working with the Procurement team on tenders and cost savings
- Working closely with the Global H&S Manager to maintain physical security for all UK & Ireland sites ensuring our employees and infrastructure is protected at all times
- Working closely with the Global H&S Manager to ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are followed and the program is engaging and accessible
- Maintain the business continuity plan for all sites across UK and Ireland
- Innovation; Keeping the service we offer fresh and up to date, consistently pushing to over deliver and create a best in class function
- Travel will be required
Critical Job Skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives
- Excellent leadership, organisational, customer service, and communication skills. Ability to operate both independently and within a team environment, possessing high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team with the ability to instigate and support change. The ability to set the appropriate tone at the top and motivate staff
- Able to communicate and build cross-functional relationships and effectively interact with senior management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation. Ability to work in multinational and interdisciplinary teams
- Budgeting and financial model development
- Demonstrate financial ability to develop and manage operational and capital budgets; inclusive of variance reporting with strong attention to detail
- Effectively manage multiple priorities in a flexible, fast paced environment including previous experience with small works and fit-out projects
- Previous experience of having managed multiple sites
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to create and deliver influential presentations and communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a facilities function for a company of similar or larger size
- 3+ years experience working in an extremely fast paced and growing company
- IOSH / Nebosh qualification
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.