Location: London, Cannon Street
Closing Date: 17th of November 2017
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We work on a suite of products that cover consumer, growth, delivery, restaurant, delivery and infrastructure.
Reporting to our VP of Product, as Product Director, you’ll own product strategy and vision for one of our core product groups. You’ll also guide and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers on a variety of areas as we scale further. Throughout all of this you’ll continue to nurture the autonomous environment we have here and help the team strive for excellence in delivering superb customer experiences (our customers are consumers, riders and restaurants FYI).
- Proven experience in online product management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing product prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Proven experience line managing and coaching product managers.
- Proven experience in executing product strategy across multiple feature teams.
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, applying intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work
- An evangelist’s touch for exciting an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work, and a salesman’s ability to convince your stakeholders to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask
- Significantly above standard analytical and technical skills, with an ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well founded
- The sort of person who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
- A passion for great food. We love the product, and truly believe we’re making a difference
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making and being willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- Experience in the rapid growth stage of a company and with that, the ability to help us with some of the growing challenges ahead of us.
It would also be great if you have:
- Strong consulting experience at a big name firm
- An MBA from a top tier institution
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.