Come and help us understand our customers, riders and restaurants better.
To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you. Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our work as researchers takes us to restaurant kitchens in Paris, riders in Amsterdam and customers’ homes in Singapore.
As a User Researcher at Deliveroo, you'll work with teams across the entire company to help them build understanding of the people they serve every single day.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and analysis of research projects that support and inform your team's work both in the short and long term
- Contribute to cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better – including improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you. You'll contribute new techniques, methods and ways of working that the team can learn from.
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve. We’re fortunate to be in a company where User Research is truly valued across the organisation. So during your time at Deliveroo, you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Exploring how we can work better for our Restaurants
- Understanding how we can make our apps better for Riders
- Gathering insight on how Customers think about ordering food
- Spending time with our Employees so we can make better tools for them
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly when needed. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Are analytical, empathetic, and a great listener (but also a good conversation starter!)
- Have an innate understanding of people, their motivations and thought processes
- Have several years' experience working in User Research
- Have experience working on both formative and evaluative research projects
- Have experience in a wide range of methodologies, e.g. interviews, diary studies, ethnography, surveys, usability testing
- Are comfortable presenting research findings to senior stakeholders, and working with them to inform business and product strategy
- Ideally have a degree in psychology, sociology, or related discipline - although this is not required
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the business. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages, healthy snacks, and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.