What we do
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
What you will be working on
The Growth team at Deliveroo has the enviable remit of ‘anything goes’. What does that mean? While anything they can think of to grow Deliveroo is on the table, the team’s challenge is to identify the highest leverage ideas, turn them into compelling customer experiences, test them super quickly, then build on the best of them.
In the last few months, the Growth team has led everything from experimenting with subscription services to adding cookies into everyone’s delivery bags. Anything that is sticky, loyal or moreish is Growth’s bag and they aim to test dozens of these things at the same time across both product and marketing.
The kind of designer the Growth team needs will be pragmatic, tenacious, comfortable juggling multiple projects and switching contexts and will love creating great hypothesis-driven ideas and seeing them through to the wild.
You’ll care equally about a great customer experience and massive business impact, and be creative and relentless in achieving both, leading by example for the whole team. We know that when it comes to pulling off a great experiment, execution is everything. Brilliant design is pivotal to the team's success.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Build from a great customer-centric hypothesis, using your understanding of the behavioural & psychological aspects of it and designing a fantastic user experience to best make it fly.
- Take that hypothesis and pragmatically working with analysts and engineers across all platforms to strike a balance between moving fast through experimental and technical simplicity is balanced with the best possible experience.
- Help us to distinguish between ideas which have plenty of scope for a great user experience vs those which will be much harder to make compelling. Then finding creative ways to solve those harder problems.
- Be a strong champion for great user experience, yet pragmatic enough to test out hypotheses quickly, doubling down in those areas that show promise. Help us spend our time on the most impactful areas of user experience.
- Run brainstorms with the product & business teams around the world to come up with new ideas
- Work with analysts to be rigorous in assessing those ideas for likely impact, and willing to throw away your pet ideas when the evidence isn’t in their favour
- Think of the quickest way to prove or disprove a hypothesis, using any means necessary
- Work with teams across the company to make magical and surprising experiences happen
- Work with researchers to discover and explore new themes and seams of growth
- Craft delightful experiences to get the most bang for our marketing buck – what could a voucher look like if you had no limits?
What you should bring
We are looking for an exceedingly strong Senior Product Designer to join our product team at Deliveroo. As a senior member of this discipline within Deliveroo, you’ll help us transform the way we communicate across all our products. We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Manage high-level partner feedback from business, operational, and international stakeholders of each product team by being the point person for product design.
- Are a strong advocate and champion for the user’s voice and care deeply about their experience.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time.
- Enjoy mentoring others in their professional development as designers.
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem.
- You are constantly thinking about ways to create frameworks for others to build off of your work.
- You are able to manage with equal skill high level strategic thinking skills with detail oriented execution skills.
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you.
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team or equivalent.
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
- You many years of proven experience in working with a multidisciplinary team of researchers and designers as a partner to create outstanding content across a variety of platforms and products.
- You have a strong track record of conceptualising, iterating and shipping on complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You thrive in a growing, fast paced and international working environment.
- You have experience in creating, implementing and maintaining content creation processes and frameworks.
- You are a strong advocate of putting user needs first, understand how content can make or break a product, and you're comfortable in building processes and frameworks to support the creation of great content.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
What to expect from the hiring process
Step 1: Once you apply, a recruiter/hiring manager may reach out to your for an initial call.
Step 2: If your application progresses, you may be scheduled to have 1-2 phone interviews.
Step 3: If you continue to the next stage, you will be set up for a series of on-site interviews over 1-2 days.