Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 160 cities.
What we do
The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silos - talking directly to the people doing the job, whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data to derive insights that drive change in the business. And we do all of this at startup speed.
As a Data Scientist for Performance Marketing Analytics, you'll work closely with cross-functional teams (mainly Marketing, Growth, and Product Analytics), to provide insights that will translate directly to business growth and efficiency of digital marketing channels.
Working hand-in-hand with our Head of Performance Marketing, Director of Marketing and Business Analytics team you will spot unexplored opportunities, challenge status quo and present your findings to the broader leadership team.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools like Looker) and a business mindset.
- Deliver cutting-edge marketing analytics projects optimising across regions, channels and analytical functions.
- Report on key performance marketing metrics against target on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide actionable insights to improve performance.
- Collaborate with other functions (i.e. Finance, Product) and other Analytics teams to drive impactful business outcomes.
- Share expertise and best practices with analytical functions across the business to develop sound strategies to deliver on future projects.
- Proactively craft stories from data to clearly identify opportunities in the markets/ channels (i.e. search auction insights analysis, quality score analysis, etc.)
- Support the Marketing and Product team in uncovering areas that require improvements and measuring the impact of their work.
- A love of solving data problems and learning new things.
- Self-starter, able to identify variables influencing growth and define models to forecast their evolution (e.g. seasonality).
- Strong analytical mindset, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way.
- Comfortable in working with tight deadlines, contributing to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment of Deliveroo.
- Previous commercial use of other data mining/statistical languages (Python, R, SAS) is highly preferred (our stack is Python-based).
- Very strong command of Excel, SQL and BI software (ideally Looker or similar).
- 1+ years’ experience with Performance Marketing (Search, Display and Social channels).
- BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- Experience in logistics or delivery services.
- Knowledge of coding methods. We may not be developers, but we love GitHub, Heroku and Travis all the same.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics systems.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Looker, Periscope, or Tableau.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a product at an incredible pace.
- Conferences and courses; we're all about professional development.
- An in-office gym and subsidised membership at a number of local gyms.
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as games nights and fitness classes.
- Food. So much food.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.