Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We solve complex problems in real time, connecting millions of customers with thousands of restaurants and riders to deliver food in more than 200 cities in 12 countries. All in under 30 minutes.
We constantly innovate: whether that means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas, launching a Marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced, and on a mission to change the way people eat. It’s ambitious, but so are we. And we need more people like you.
Data Scientist, Performance Analytics
As a Data Scientist for Performance Analytics, you'll work closely with other teams across Analytics to deliver insights that translate directly into business growth or efficiency improvements.
Working hand-in-hand with the general managers for each Country you will spot new opportunities, challenge the status quo, and present your findings back to the broader leadership team.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools) and a business mindset.
- Deliver cutting-edge marketing analytics projects optimising across regions, channels and analytical functions.
- Report on key performance marketing metrics against targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide actionable insights to improve performance.
- Partner with other departments (i.e. Management, Finance, Product) and Analytics teams to drive step changes in growth.
- Share expertise and best practices within analytical functions to develop a shared centre of excellence.
- Proactively craft stories from data to clearly identify opportunities in the markets/channels (i.e. search auction insights analysis, quality score analysis, etc.)
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset.
- A critical thinker, with very strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter, able to identify variables influencing growth and define models to forecast their evolution (e.g. seasonality).
- Always curious and always willing to learn new skills
- Comfortable in working with tight deadlines, contributing to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment of Deliveroo.
- An ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a clear, simple way.
- Good command of Excel, some experience with SQL and BI software (ideally Tableau, Looker or similar).
- 1+ years’ experience in any role with a grounding in data analysis.
- BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other quantitative field.
- Experience in logistics or delivery services.
- Previous commercial use of other data mining/statistical languages (Python, R, SAS) is highly preferred (our stack is Python-based).
- Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
- Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
- Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
- Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
- Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
- Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
- Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.