Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We're looking for a talented and experienced software engineer (or software engineer in test) to help us create and run processes that will maintain extremely high levels of quality across our consumer and internal facing applications. You'll be working with product teams, designers, product managers, engineers and be involved in the full feature creation process in order to ensure that we are keeping highest quality standards by creating automation tools from scratch.
As a Software Engineer (Test) you will:
- Work as a member of our engineering team
- Actively be involved in creating internal tools for a better and faster platform i.e developing automation frameworks (API, integration, contract), monitoring and alerting, improving A/B testing tools, creating test harnesses for various engineering teams, improving existing CI/CD pipelines by automating different parts of the development workflow
- Adding unit/integration/API test coverage to existing/newly created services
- Help shaping and improving the quality processes at all levels through automation
- Be involved in the interview process
- Be mentoring less experienced team members, helping them learn and grow
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- Desire to build tools for other engineers
- Solid experience in software engineering role AND/OR automation backend API testing role (bonus points for Ruby/Rails)
- Knowledge and experience of implementing established testing methodologies within an agile workflow (continuous integration/delivery)
- Experience in diagnostics of technical issues, i.e examining API responses, debug information and lookup information using different monitoring tools
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, or similar)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and HTTP/REST
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Awareness of iOS, Android and web development
- Incredible attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby and/or Rails
- Previous experience in a quality role
- Experience in building testing/internal tools from scratch
- Knowledge of Docker
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.