Job Title: Data Scientist - Growth Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 16th of June 2018
Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, a suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer from bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best-loved restaurants along with renowned local gems to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organisational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
Growth Analytics at Deliveroo
At Deliveroo, our data scientists are central to their product teams’ decision making process, working hand in hand with product managers, engineers, designers, user researchers, marketers and other specialists. You will gain exposure to senior leaders, and have unrivalled opportunities to develop your presentation skills and commercial acumen. As part of a wider analytical community of data scientists, data engineers, algorithms specialists and BI experts, you will have countless opportunities to share knowledge and develop your technical skills, as well as a range of formal training and independent learning options.
- Analyse a rich body of data and draw actionable insights to guide the development of our products and optimise our marketing investment
- Design and analyse rigorous experiments, and produce well-structured, lucid reports to communicate your findings effectively and allow the business to act with confidence
- Make an immediate impact through your work, informing rapid decision-making at all levels of the organisation
- Play an integral role in your product team, and ensure their work is rigorously data-driven
- Challenge assumptions and proactively identify opportunities to add value to the business
Whatever their specialism, all our data scientists share a commitment to analytical rigour and the drive to make an impact on the business.
- A structured, analytical thinker, attentive to detail but able to see the bigger picture
- An engaging and empathetic communicator who presents complex analytical findings in terms that are relevant to decision makers, in person and in writing
- A self-starter, able to learn quickly, adapt to changing requirements, and identify and prioritise opportunities without a lot of external guidance
- A team player whom your colleagues can rely on, eager to learn from and contribute to an accomplished and supportive group of peers
- Commercially minded, with the business acumen to identify the insights that matter and make practical, actionable recommendations
- Experience of designing and analysing experiments in a commercial context
- The ability to formulate and test hypotheses, interpret and explain effect sizes, statistical significance and confidence intervals, and avoid common pitfalls in A/B testing
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to communicate scientific findings in a precise and engaging manner
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL, and experience of analysing data in Python and/or R
- BSc degree (or higher) in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Economics
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of advanced statistical, econometric or machine learning techniques
- Experience of marketing measurement (CRM, performance marketing and ATL campaigns)
- Understanding of ETL processes and query optimisation
- Experience in a fast-moving startup or ecommerce business
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and version control software (e.g. Git)
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field
- Unrivalled exposure to a rapidly scaling tech team in Europe’s fastest growing company
- New headquarters right by Cannon Street Station, with onsite gym, nap room, prayer room, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court!
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours and home working days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, Slack and Workplace
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.