Job Title: Data Scientist - Growth Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 24th of April 2018
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Growth Analytics at Deliveroo
You'll provide acquisition performance insights that will translate directly to sustainable business growth and efficiency of marketing channels.
Working hand in hand with our VP Growth, Director of Marketing and Analytics leaders, you will spot unexplored opportunities, challenge status quo and present your findings to the broader leadership team.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools such as Looker) and a business mindset.
You will be extracting, manipulating and analysing data in order to support strategic data-driven decisions to assess company’s growth, particularly that of the customer base.
You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to senior executives.
- Assess company’s growth across all the markets by conducting analysis and building models that translate data into actionable insights.
- Challenge existing assumptions and spot opportunities to growth the customer base ensuring spend efficiencies (e.g. referral programs).
- Build statistical models to forecast performance (new customers, CPA, LTV, etc.)
- Improve new customer attribution model.
- Assess marketing channel performance to drive spend efficiencies.
- Recommend optimal targeting strategies.
- Self-starter, able to identify variables influencing growth and define models to forecast their evolution (e.g. seasonality).
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Extended experience running A/B and multivariate tests and the statistics behind how to run these type of tests
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language such as Python or R.
- Experience with implementing attribution models.
- Experience with data visualisation.
- Experience with marketing campaigns tracking.
- Good understanding of retail marketing and communication methodologies.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- Ability to work with third-party APIs (i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Nanigans).
- Experience with ETL and queries optimisation.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques.
- Experience with Git.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.