Job Title: Data Scientist - Product Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 24th of February 2018
Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, a suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer from bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best-loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organisational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
Our business rests on data, and we use data to inform and evaluate our decisions on a constant basis. The high purchase rate and high repeat rate exhibited by our customers, combined with the wealth of information we can plumb, brings us the opportunity to optimise and refine to a fantastic degree.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced product analysts to join the Product team to help drive our activities.
- You’ll be a master in A/B and multivariate testing, a wizard in data analytics, a hands-on individual who has both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools such as Looker/Tableau) and a business mindset.
- You’ll be able to turn around bug quantification on a dime, and drive site optimisation efforts for conversion and retention to encourage customers to join, order, and repeat, again and again.
- A deep understanding of statistics. The role will include plenty of difference testing, experimental design, and modelling of our very extensive datasets
- Your insights will not stop at data and calculations but will bridge from numerical insight to business objectives, with a savviness and acumen which helps you sniff out the hidden gems.
In this role, you’ll be a core member of a product team, working directly with product managers, dedicated developers, QAs, user researchers and crack designers. You’ll work together to identify the most fruitful areas for improvement, execute against those, building, evaluating, understanding, and building some more.
You’ll work as fast as our business is growing, improving the experience of customers across the globe, and bringing a world of great food to everyone.
- Deep knowledge of Excel, SQL and another programming language (e.g R, Python)
- Experience with data visualisation
- The ability to go from concept to analysis to conclusion, to bring actionable insight to bear, and to convince others using a combination of data and compelling argument
- Extended experience running A/B and multivariate tests and the statistics behind how to run these type of tests
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
- BS degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
Nice to have
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture
- Experience with ETL and queries optimisation
- Experience with Git