The France Operations team is responsible for connecting the 22,000 riders using Deliveroo to consumers and restaurants within the French market. This includes continuously improving our unique network and actively building a best-in-class consumer experience.
As a Regional Operations Manager (ROM), you will report to the Regional Operations Lead (under the Head of Operations Planning & Strategy) and you will be accountable for the operational performance of a region.
As a ROMs, you will play a key role in bringing Deliveroo’s strategy to life by:
- Being responsible for delivery operations excellence in owned geographies, and being a key decision-maker in all fields contributing to their success (rider value proposition, customer value proposition and experience), with the objective to drive optimal performance
- Closely monitoring operational KPIs vs targets, forecasting mid-term performance and identifying levers to influence / course correct
- Operating trade-offs between customer value proposition, rider proposition, service quality and profitability to drive towards improvement week on week and over the long term
- Support strategic initiatives to improve performance in their geographies
- Collaborating daily with stakeholders in the Operations teams and other parts of the business (including Commercial and Local Marketing teams)
- Staying up to date with the industry and competitive landscape.
1 Analytical and impact oriented mindset: “doer” attitude with appetite to solve real-world problems and seeking for short/mid term impact (through eg. test and learn approach)
2 Self-driven, pragmatic and adaptive : Solution orientated and practical. Relies on their business skills and insights to come up with pragmatic approaches. Can deliver workstreams autonomously, looking for inputs from manager and /or experts when appropriate. Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business
3 Good communicator & stakeholder management skills: great interpersonal skills. Diplomatic, patient and adaptable. Naturally becomes a trusted advisor and subject matter expert through clear and assertive communication and great stakeholder management.
4 Curiosity, engagement and relentlessness: engaging with the different Deliveroo teams, comes up with ideas and debates them in a team. Infectiously curious, always looking to deepen the common understanding of situations at play and question the status-quo.
- Fluent in both French and English (strict requirement)
- 2-4 years of work experience in a data-driven role in a high-paced industry (e.g. tech start-ups, consulting)
- Available for this 6-month fixed-term contract from late November or early December.
- Excellent analytical skills (Excel, Looker / SQL basics is a strong plus), able to undertake complex modelling
- Proactive and enthusiastic about experimenting, looking to put the theory into practice in a live environment through testing
- Track record in managing small scale projects with a great degree of autonomy
- Significant experience collaborating with/influencing middle management stakeholders of various backgrounds (commercial / marketing). Presents ideas/work in a clear and concise manner
- Has a keen interest in the Food and Delivery industry and a strong focus on customer experience.